Users on pageNow online: 2
Build to feed
For 23 years the Sonshine Soup Kitchen has been ministering to the needs of the Greater Derry community by serving free hot meals in a spiritually uplifting environment to anyone who enters our facility. The kitchen we use has been graciously provided by the First Baptist Church of Derry, while all office and storage spaces are rented in a separate building. We are now ready for a permanent home under one roof.
• Guests must wait outside in all types of weather and in full view of passing traffic.
• No handicap access to dining room or bathroom.
• No space for stock and supplies in kitchen area.
• Very limited refrigerator space.
• No janitorial storage/cleanup facilities.
• Rented office space with kitchen/cooking supplies and clothing closet in separate building from dining room/kitchen along with management, conference room and storage two flights up!
• Minimal storage space for stock.
• Very cramped space for clothing closet inventory.
• All food stock, linens and donated foodstuffs must be hand carried from office across parking lot to kitchen, regardless of weather.
Raise $50,000 to match a challenge grant toward obtaining our own facility.
What we need
• A location within 0.5 miles of our current facility.
• Cash donations.
• Assistance with fundraising.
• Corporate/employee matching donations
• Foundation grants
• TD Bank Affinity members. The Bank will make an annual donation to the Sonshine Soup Kitchen based on the account balances of accounts coed A2904. Contact your local TD Bank and ask to have your accounts coded. We will never know who you are, as Affinity members are kept completely confidential.
• Designate your employee United Way campaign giving to the Sonshine Soup Kitchen.
• Opportunities to present our need to community organizations.